God Has Done It Again
I just wanted to point out something Kyle and I caught this morning. We had the privilege of watching God's hand at work, along with millions of other viewers; you may have been one as well.
Anyway, we saw Stephen Baldwin give his testimony on The Today Show. The reason he was on the show was b/c of his new book out, The Unusual Suspect, a book about Stephen's faith in Christ.
I can't help but share how I felt when I saw his interview; I literally got chills. What an awesome example of God's work. God was using someone who epitomizes all that is wrong in society, all that goes against His goodness, the actual opposition to Christianity, and literally turned this man around 180 degrees.
I knew Stephen was a believer, but he was a believer in Hollywood. To me, that meant that he would just fade into the tapestry of so called "believers" who never shared God's message, never wanted to "rock the boat", or to make anyone feel uncomfortable. But I was so wrong. Not only did Stephen announce on national television that he was a believer, he wrote a book about his faith, and even went on to challenge celebrity believers (i.e. Bono) to use their fame to spread the gospel.
I just sat in shock, and was pretty much brought to tears. In his book, he says that Acts 9 is where God spoke to him. And the relevance of that point is, that Acts 9 is also where God spoke to me. I know I sound a little raving at the moment, but I am constantly amazed by God's creativity and ingenuity.
Stephen Baldwin, a born-again Christian, just says it all. If He can change Stephen's heart, it's proof to the now 20 somethings out there who live for nothing less than the fast lane, that He can do anything. So many out there believe that "living life" entails drinking heavily, partying hard, and doing whatever feels good. And yet to those people I ask, can you honestly say you are completely fulfilled? I think Stephen answers this question. He never felt unhappy, just unfulfilled. And for someone who has been there, done that, Jesus Christ was the only thing that filled him. And all I can say is, Amen.
I encourage anyone who has the least bit of interest in Stephen's story to go to his website at www.stephenbaldwin.com and read the first chapter of his book. For me, it was motivating. After reading that chapter, I felt like I had just had an energy drink. I feel like God wanted me to be rejuvenated and encouraged by Stephen's story; and I am. I am so thankful that I was put in the right place at the right time to see his testimony. Another example that God's hand is in everything, everywhere, and at all times.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home