Jaime's Blog

Praying to be shaped and molded by His grace...

July 10, 2006

Table Rock, the Happy Berry, and Hagood Mill

Well, we had a nice "vacation" to Table Rock last week. The weather was beautiful, and the mountains were extremely peaceful. It was a hardy group that stayed at The Table Rock Resort. Mom, my Great Aunt Aileen, Addison, my sister Shannon, my nieces Kayla and Madyson, and Shannon's mom-n-law Mrs. Ann all stayed at the condo at some point or another. The condo was rather nice and had two balconies overlooking the golf course, a jacuzzi tub, and an AC that won't quit.

While in Table Rock we picked blueberries at The Happy Berry. Picking blueberries was lots of fun and extremely exhausting. The weather was nice, but blueberry picking requires agility and flexibility. We also took home some free-range chicken eggs, to which we had the following morning. The blueberries are SO yummy, and require no cleaning; they do not use pesticides at the Happy Berry. I heard one of the farmers boast the only thing that touches the berries are our hands and the air. And I thank them for that.

To end our blueberry picking day, we swung by The Hagood Mill. It was neat to see history preserved so well. I have some pictures of the mill below.

I start back to school tomorrow, and am excited to learn new material. However, I am going to miss my leisurely mornings.

Video: Watch Addison and Madyson dance together






I wear my
sunglasses
at night.

















So, we're
suppose to
pick the berries?
















I just thought
the berries
(ripe and not)
were so
beautiful.











Here's the
beginning of
our picking
escapade.

















Isn't this a cute
picture of
some southern gals
who are proud of their
blueberries?
(l-r, Kayla and Madyson)















G-mom F and Addi
hangout with the
sculpted bear
at The Happy Berry.

















Here's
Madyson in
front of the
Hagood Mill.












Here is a
stillery at
the Hagood
Mill. And
my-oh-my
did is stink!





~Jaime

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I cant believe how big Madyson and Kayla (& Addison) are getting! They are so cute!

Cins :)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home