Refocusing
I received a powerful devotional today from Purpose Driven Life. It's titled Someone else's problems.
This devotional speaks volumes to me. This is not something to just read, think about, and then disregard. This is something that should be applied to our lives immediately.
Our family has been in a rough financial bind these past few months. And yet, God has carried us. It hasn't been pretty, but He's always been there; and for that, we are thankful. And during this financial hardship, we have been the happiest we have ever been. We have been diving more and more into our church, giving up conveniences to spend more time with family and friends (some times :p), and just meditating on God's word, His promises, and all the grace He has so freely given us.
For example, the other night we had a close friend tell us he had come to the know the Lord. I think for Kyle and I, that's one of the greatest rewards we could be given...to be part of God's hand at work. And it's always exciting experiencing the joy of rebirth, even if it's not my own; the experience definitely encourages me to dive further into my relationship with Jesus. I am so happy for our friend and hope to be able to provide encouragement and some guidance through his new beginning.
So this message is ringing true for us. But we could do SO much more with our time and resources. We need to step it up. With this devotional, I feel God saying it's time to focus on someone else...someone else's problems.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home