Jaime's Blog

Praying to be shaped and molded by His grace...

March 27, 2006

Well, Today Wasn't as Bad as I Thought it Would Be

Well, I dropped Addison off this morning at daycare. I would be lying if I said it was easy. This is going to be the most time I will be away from her. And apparently last night my nerves got the best of me. I was running around getting Addison's tupperware bin organized; I didn't want her to have anything missing. Kyle tried cracking jokes with me, but I was so focused on what I had to do that I didn't even notice. He asked if I was okay; I simply replied that I was overwhelmed with all the things I had to do. He put things in perspective when he said, I don't think it's the things you have to do that's overwhelming you. And he was right. Thinking about leaving her made me feel like I was gonna have an anxiety attack. After all, no one will ever care for her and know her like I do...no one.

But God helped make me feel at ease. This morning I prayed that He would make sure she was loved and cared for; and that if this was not His will, that He would make it known to me. Well, this morning went very well. Addison took to Mary (her caretaker) right away. She smiled at Mary while she was in my arms. And then Mary held her, and Addison just loved her. It was great. Addison usually fusses or whines a little when she is held by someone else, especially when I am right there. But she didn't seem to mind. When I was leaving, Mary was placing Addison in a swing; one of her favorite things to do in the morning. She gave her a toy to play with in the swing, and I know Addison was eating it up.

Again, I am reminded that we do not need to worry. From a recent conversation between Kyle and myself, to today's new chapter in our life, I am directed to Matthew 6:25, 27, 33-34:
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life.. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

~Jaime

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad the morning went well. I know it must have been SO hard leaving her but it sounds like she's in great hands. Love you and look forward to seeing you next week!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime, this is beautifully written and thought out. I am so glad that things went well. I have shared it with friends who might want to read these words.
~Mama

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home