Breakthrough Night, or So We Hope
Last night, our little cutie-bug slept 8 hours in her crib. She went to sleep about 8:30 pm and woke-up around 4:30 this morning. After her morning feeding (I call it a feeding b/c she eats like a pig at a trough :p), she slept for another 1.5 hours.
We are currently progressing through a scheduled routine, one all baby-sleep experts say is a must. After she wakes from any sleep routine (other than at night), she must go back to sleep in 1.5 to 2 hours. I have also read that we need to watch for her sleepy cues. Addison's is rubbing her eyes. And she is like a clock. Around 1.5 to 2 hours after she woke up last, she is rubbing away at those eyes. As soon as we see this, it's down for a nap she goes.
Well, actually that's our newest challenge; she doesn't actually go down. I am currently trying to get her to lie in her crib for naps. She can take full naps in my arms or lying next to me. But as soon as I try to put her in her crib, she is a wide-eyed Susie. I'm sure the Montssori staff will be able to work through this. But when she's at home, she will revert back to her old ways. Any suggestions?
Anyways, I'm just glad we have her nighttime routine down. She's in bed by 8:30 and there's no budging that. So any Addi visitors must come by before that time. Any visitors for Addi's parents can come over until we crash.
~Jaime



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home