Sorry for the Gap
Sorry for the gap in communication. We have been rather busy and scattered. I started school on April 4th, and haven't really had much of a break to write.
School is going well. I had my first encounter with a cadaver on Friday (4/07). My first Anatomy lab was an eye-opener, to say the least. We got to dissect a new body, an 88-year-old man who died of prostate cancer. I am intrigued to dive further into this specimen, to see what the prostate cancer did to his body. In case you are unaware, my father is currently in remission from prostate cancer. My father is very blessed, in that his cancer had not metastasized. My A & P professor said when prostate cancer metastasizes it usually travels through the lymph system to the lungs. Once there (and able to grow) quality of life is expected to be minimal and short-lived. So anyways, nothing but adventures from here on out.
I will try to get some pictures up in the next few days. Two Sundays ago, Kyle and I became members of Horizon Church. My mom and dad, along with Kyle's parents, attended our declaration. It was nice to have family there to celebrate (albeit a small ceremony) our step into this great church. I am so excited about our growth within Horizon.
Aunt Shanny visited Addison last night. I'll get some pictures up of that soon, too. Anyways, I'm sorry for the delay. I hope to keep up a little better than I have been.
~Jaime



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home