Thank God for Static
I am very thankful for a lot of things in life. I am thankful for my ever patient husband, my sweet and lovable little girl, my "will do anything for your attention" dog, etc. I am thankful for the nice house we live in and the nice (my husband would call this debatable) cars we drive. I am thankful for the beautiful weather we are having lately, and pray that it continues. One thing I never, and I mean never, thought I would be thankful for is static.
Static has been our sanity. Addison just eats it up. Whenever she is in a screaming fit (and we have ruled out hunger and dirty diaper), static makes the monster mute. We use it in the house and the car. Now I know some people may think it would make you go crazy. And for some of our friends (ahem, James) it does. But compared to a screaming baby, static is sweet, sweet music to my ears. It's a marvel how intricate God makes our bodies. For babies, they appreciate white noise (i.e. static, hairdryers, vacuum cleaners, etc). White noise mimics the noise in the womb. To understand more about this phenomenon, check out http://www.thehappiestbaby.com/. We wish we had jumped on The Happiest Baby on the Block bandwagon sooner. What a blessing these techniques have been to our family.
To wrap this up: the next time you see a mother looking haggard and about to lose her mind, mention the static or white noise phenomenon. She'll be appreciative. I know we have been.
~Jaime



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home